Kidney situated on both sides of the abdomen filter waste from the blood. Urine is the liquid form of waste material in the body. Kidney Stone forms when calcium, oxalate and other mineral content in the body stick together and forms stone.
The major causes of kidney stone are a significant decrease in the volume of urine, presence of stone forming substance like calcium, oxalate and minerals in urine, dehydration, climatic change, infection, metabolic variations, high intake of protein, sugar,salt, Vitamin D etc.
When you should see a doctor ?
- Severe pain in the abdomen
- Trace of blood in urine
- Pain along with fever or vomiting
- Difficulty while urinating
- Passing of more urine or very less amount of urine
- Dark yellow, red or brown urine
Treatment procedure ?
By conducting tests like CT scan, X-rays, ultrasound, and urinalysis doctors confirm the presence of kidney stone. Sometimes blood tests are conducted for finding the minerals which help in the formation of stones.
- Medication : Pills like alpha blockers helps to widen the wall of the ureter so the stone can pass through it. Later medicines are given for preventing the formation of new stones.
- Shock Wave Therapy : Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy or shock wave therapy is the most common method to cure this. In this high-intensity shock waves are used to break the stone into little pieces. Later it passes through the urinary tract.
- Ureteroscopy: If the stone is situated near the bladder , a doctor inserts a small tube through the urinary tract. Then the stone is crushed and removed through the tube.
We offer Best Kidney Stone Removal in Mumbai with the help of dedicated team of doctors and other staff. They specialized in offering minimally invasive technology with advanced technological equipment.
Visit us: www.urologistmumbai.com
Mail us: email@example.com