Dr Jitendra Jagtap is a fellowship trained urologist with special expertise in laparoscopic,robotic and endourological surgeries. He completed his graduation and general surgery training from Medical College & Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda. Thereafter he joined the Department of Surgery as an Assistant Professor. He became adept at performing Laparoscopic procedures during this tenure and was also adjudged rank one for the post of Assistant Professor by the Gujarat Public service commission. He comes to Global Hospitals after a five year stint at the Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad where he completed his urology residency along with a two year clinical fellowship recognized by the Endourological Society, USA.
Armed with a keen desire to excel he was able to win the prestigious Eagle traveling fellowship at the West zonal conference of the Urological society of India in the first year of his urology residency. He chose to complete the fellowship at AIIMS, New Delhi in 2009. He has numerous presentations at many national and international conferences to his credit. He was among the privileged few selected to attend the European Urology Resident Education Programme conducted at Prague, Czech republic in 2011. He also won the first prize in the national UroQuiz held at USICON 2012, Bangalore.
He was part of many clinical research protocols during his training at a large volume tertiary referral centre which allows him to analyze patient results and improve operative outcomes by refining and improvising surgical techniques. He has been actively involved in mentoring and sharing his knowledge base with surgeons at both JPAC (Jayramdas Patel Academic Centre), Nadiad and CeMAST (Centre of Excellence for Minimal Access Surgery Training), Mumbai. He has 17 publications in peer reviewed literature and has co-authored a few book chapters as well. He continues to provide evidence based care assistant a Consultant Urologist at Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
||Dr Jitendra Jagtap|
|Sex||M Date of Birth: 8th May 1980
|Permanent Address||1203, Sea Flama “A” wing,Dosti Flamingos, T.J.Road, Parel-Sewri, Mumbai. Pincode: 400015|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi|
|Mobile||+91 8879698208, +91 22 24124099|
|Interests||Learning new things, Trekking, Photography, Soccer|
|Computer Knowledge||Microsoft office tools, Photo and video editing tools.|
|Permanent Licensure||Maharashtra Medical Council Reg. No.: 2014/07/3187.Gujarat Medical Council Reg. No.: G-14491.Urological Society of India Membership No.: J-096.Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai: LM/J/0337.|
Medical Education & Qualifications
Medical Education & Qualifications
- M.B.B.S – Medical College, M.S University, Baroda in 1997 – 2002
- M.S. (General Surgery) – Medical College – M.S University, Baroda in 2003 – 2006
- DNB (Genitourinary Surgery), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.- MPUH, Nadiad, Gujarat in 2009- 2012
- Fellowship in Endourology, Laparoscopy & Robotics, Endourological Society, USA- MPUH, Nadiad, Gujarat in 2012-2014
- MS (General Surgery) Thesis – Randomized Study of Two Wound Management Strategies (Primary Closure versus Delayed Primary Closure) for Dirty Abdominal Wounds.
- DNB (Urology) Thesis – Prospective study to compare Mini perc with Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS) for treatment of renal stones sized 1-2 cm.
- Enourology Fellowship Essay-“Which is the preferred modality of renal access for a trainee, urologist: Ultrasonography or Fluoroscopy ? Results of a prospective randomized trial”
- Tussigenic Trachea : The New Zealand Medical Journal. 2006 May ; 119 (1233): U1960.
- Tuberculous Pulmonary Pneumatocele communicating extrathoracically : Thorax . 2006 Aug; 61(8):738.
- A huge abdominal lump with multiple bony bumps :The New Zealand Medical Journal. 2007 Feb;120(1249):U2423.
- Scrofuloderma with Lupus Vulgaris : Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.2007 Dec; 161(12):1211-2.
- Giant hepatic hydatid cyst with sub-fascial extension treated by open minimallyinvasive surgery: a case report: Journal of Medical Case Reports.2008 Jan 28;2:26.
- Management strategy for dirty abdominal incisions: primary or delayed primary closure? A randomized trial. Surg Infect. 2009 Apr;10(2):129-36.
- Shrapnel injury due to a firecracker causing gastric and gallbladder perforation: UlusTravmaAcilCerrahiDerg(Turkish Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery). 2009 May;15(3):295-7.
- Percutaneous nephrostomy under ultrasound guidance.Indian J Nephrol. 2011 Jan;21(1):67.
- Treating renal calculi 1-2cm in diameter with minipercutaneous or retrograde intrarenal surgery: a prospective comparative study.BJU Int. 2012 Apr 4. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11089.x. Epub 2012 Apr 4.
- Training in percutaneous nephrolithotomy. CurrOpin Urol. 2013 Mar;23(2):147-51.
- Prospective randomized controlled trial comparing laser lithotripsy with pneumatic lithotripsy in miniperc for renal calculi. J Endourol. 2013 Dec;27(12):1444-9.
- Current role of microperc in the management of small renal calculi. Indian J Urol. 2013 Jul;29(3):214-8.
- Micropercutaneous nephrolithotomy (microperc) vs retrograde intrarenal surgery for the management of small renal calculi: a randomized controlled trial. BJU Int. 2013 Aug;112(3):355-61.
- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis (XGPN) mimicking a “renal cell carcinoma with renal vein thrombus and paracaval lymphadenopathy”. F1000Res. 2013 Dec 2;2:263. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.2-263.v1. eCollection 2013.
- Evolution of SWL Technique: A 25 year single centre experience of over 5000 patients. BJUI Int. 2014 May; doi: 10.1111/bju.12808.
- Outcomes in a Large Series of Minipercs: Analysis of Consecutive 318 Patients. J Endourol. 2014 Oct 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Which is the preferred modality of renal access for a trainee urologist: ultrasonography or fluoroscopy? Results of a prospective randomized trial. J Endourol. 2014 Dec;28(12):1464-9. doi: 10.1089/end.2014.0229.
Papers and Presentations
Papers and Presentations
WZUSICON 2009, Khajuraho, India: 3 papers
- Video presentation: Intra-operative complications of laparoscopic pyeloplasty and tips and tricks of management.
- Podium presentation: Wisdom of doing Tubeless PCNL: Randomized prospective controlled study of early removal of external body tubes vs. tubeless PCNL.
- Poster presentation: Endourological management of calyceal diverticula and calculi:
AUA Annual Meeting 2010, San Francisco, USA: 3 papers
- Moderated poster presentation under the Technology & Instruments: Surgical Education and skills assessment section: Surgical skills lab for percutaneous renal access training: Content validation comparison between live porcine and VR simulation model.
- Moderated poster presentation under the Technology & Instruments: Surgical Education and skills assessment section: Face and content validation for transurethral resection of prostate on Uro Trainer: Is the simulation training useful ?
- Moderated poster presentation at the Engineering and Urololgy Society 2010 Meet held at the AUA 2010: Comparative analysis of TRI port and QUAD port in a porcine model.
ISOT 2010, Hyderabad, India: 2 papers
- Oro-Poster Presentation: Management of Urolithiasis in donors.
- Oro-Poster Presentation: Utility of Multidetector Row CT Angiography for preoperative evaluation of vascular anatomy in living renal donors.
WZUSICON 2010, Silvassa, India.
- Took part in the debate titled :“Small fight: 1 cm stone in mid ureter. Best energy source to be used with semirigid URS: Pneumatic vs Laser”. Debated in favour of Laser lithotripsy.
USICON 2011, Kolkata, India. : 2 papers
- Chandigarh Best Video category: Laparoendoscopic Single-site (LESS) Radical Nephrectomy: a feasible technique.
- Podium presentation: Memokath Metallic Ureteric Stents: Our Initial Experience.
USICON 2012, Bangalore, India.: 2 papers
- CKP Menon prize paper category: Miniperc versus RIRS for treatment of 1-2 cm sized renal calculi : A prospective comparative study.
- Chandigarh best video category: Laparo-Endoscopic Single-Site (LESS) bilateral pyeloplasty in a 4 month old child
“Small renal stone” course, JPAC, Nadiad: June 2012
- Presented a lecture on “Small stone management in Bleeding dyscrasia and kidney failure”
USICON 2013, Pune, India.: 2 papers
- Moderated Poster presentation: Robotic repair of Vesicovaginal fistula – Initial experience.
- Moderated Video Session: Robot assisted extravesical tapered ureteric reimplantation: A point of technique.
Gujarat Urological Association Annual meeting:2013
- Presented a lecture on “ Recurrent UTI’s in postmenopausal women”
“Is Miniperc the new gold standard for kidney stones” course, JPAC, Nadiad: August2013
- Took part in the debate titled :“Management options for calyceal diverticular stone”. Debated in favour of Lap/Robotic management.
WCE 2013, New Orleans, USA: 3 papers
- Moderated video session: Reresection of a gross positive surgical margin during robotic partial nephrectomy: Lessons learnt .
- Moderated poster session: Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for renal calculi: A review of 4041 consecutive cases done over 20 years.
- Moderated poster session: Gender inequalities in Urinary metabolic evaluation of Stone formers: a 10 year experience from a Western Indian stone belt region.
USICON 2014, New Delhi, India.: 2 papers
- Chandigarh best video session: Simultaneous Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy with Radical Cystectomy : Tricks of the trade.
- Moderated Video session: A stepwise approach to Robotic radical nephrectomy: Port optimization and Surgical Landmarks.
Basic Laparoscopic Urology course, JPAC, Nadiad: March 2014
- Presented a lecture titled :“Troubleshooting in Laparoscopy”
WCE 2014, Taipei, Taiwan : 2 presentations
- Moderated video session: Microperc in an 11 month old infant with nephrolithiasis.
- Moderated video session: Laparoscopic partial cystectomy guided by real-time cystoscopic visualization.
West Zone USICON, Vadodara : September 2014
- Invited lecture: “Step by step approach to Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy: The key to success”
Conferences and CME's
Conferences and CME’s
- September 2014: 47th USICON, New Delhi.
- September 2014: WCE 2014 (World Congress of Endourology), Taipei.
- June 2014: Stone Institute Hands on Lab and Didactic.
- April 2014: Andrology workshop,JPAC, Nadiad.
- March 2014: Basic Laparoscopic Urology course, JPAC, Nadiad.
- January 2014: 47th USICON, New Delhi.
- November 2013: Pediatric Urology operative workshop, JPAC, Nadiad.
- October 2013: WCE 2013 (World Congress of Endourology), New Orleans, USA.
- August 2013: Is Miniperc the new gold standard for kidney stone, Operative workshop, JPAC, Nadiad.
- May 2013: Uropathology workshop, JPAC, Nadiad.
- Feb 2013: AUA Segura International Urolithiasis Course, JPAC, Nadiad, India.
- Jan 2013:46th USICON 2013, Pune.
- August 2012: Robotic / Lap Pediatric Urology, JPAC, Nadiad.
- July 2012: Urethroplasty course, JPAC, Nadiad.
- June 2012: Small renal stone course, JPAC, Nadiad.
- March 2012: Laparo Robotic Symposium, JPAC, Nadiad.
- Jan 2012: 45th USICON, Bangalore.
- September 2011: 9th EUREP (European Urology Resident Education Programme), Prague, Czech republic.
- August 2011: RIRS workshop, JPAC, Nadiad.
- July 2011: Pediatric urology workshop, JPAC, Nadiad.
- June 2011: PENRECON 2011,Live operative workshop, Ahmedabad.
- May 2011: Micro PCNL, JPAC, Nadiad.
- May 2011: Uro Oncology workshop, JPAC, Nadiad.
- March 2011: Andrology workshop,JPAC, Nadiad.
- March 2011: LESS Single port, JPAC, Nadiad.
- Jan 2011: 44th USICON, Kolkata.
- November: 2010: Uro Oncology Conference, Miraj-Sangli.
- October 2010: West Zone USICON 2010, Silvassa.
- October 2010: 21stAnnual conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation.
- Sep 2010 : RIRS workshopJPAC , Nadiad.
- Aug 2010: : Stents and BPH JPAC, Nadiad.
- July 2010: Are You Ready for Primetime JPAC, Nadiad.
- July 2010: Hard Talk JPAC, Nadiad.
- May 2010: AUA Annual meeting 2010, San Francisco, USA
- Mar 2010: Andrology JPAC, Nadiad.
- Feb 2010: EBM 2010: 8th Annual conference of Evidence based management of cancers in India, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Jan 2010: Uro oncology JPAC, Nadiad.
- December 2009: SINGLE port surgery (LESS) JPAC, Nadiad.
- November 2009: West Zone USICON 2009, Khajuraho.
- September 2009: Uro Oncology JPAC, Nadiad.
- August 2009: Flexible URS (No stone left unturned) JPAC, Nadiad.
- July 2009: PCNL :No stone left Unturned JPAC, Nadiad.
- May 2009: Stone War : JPAC, Nadiad.
- May 2009: Andrology : JPAC, Nadiad.
- April 2009 : Renal Transplant JPAC, Nadiad.
- November 2006 : MIPH Master’s Program at Surat, Gujarat.
- April 2006 : CME on Colorectal Diseases : Controversies & Current Perspectives at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- October 2005 : International Symposium on Current Trends in Cancer at Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- June 2005 : Conference on “ Management of Surgical Emergencies “ at Unity Surgicon 2005, Vadodara, Gujarat.
- April 2005 : National CME on Pancreatic Diseases organized by Indian Assoc. of Surgical Gastroenterology at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- April 2005 : Workshop on ICH Good Clinical Practice.
- November 2004 : Annual Conference of GujaratState Surgeons Association at Surat, Gujarat.
- February 2004 : Oxford International Wound Healing symposium at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- 2006: Stood 2ndoverall in the M.S General surgery final exam.
- 2008: Stood 1st in the GPSC (Gujarat Public service commission) exam for the post of Assistant Professor of Surgery.
- 2009: Won the Eagle travelling fellowship at the WZUSICON 2009 and attended the Dept. of Urology, AIIMS, New Delhi for the same.
- 2010:Co authored a chapter “Dietary Modification in Renal stone disease” with Dr Ganpule, for the clinical update in Nephrology titled “ Kidney Disease and Nutrition “ edited by Dr. Bharat V. Shah
- 2011: Won the Olympus USI international travelling fellowship at USICON 2011, Kolkata and got selected to attend the European Urology Resident Education Programme (EUREP 2011) held at Prague, Czech republic.
- 2012: Won the national “UROQUIZ”- 1st prize at USICON 2012, Bangalore.
1. Dr. Mahesh R. Desai
Medical Director and Managing Trustee,
MPUH, Nadiad, Gujarat-India, Phone: +919824022002
2. Dr Ravindra B.Sabnis
Chairman, Dept of Urology,
MPUH, Nadiad, Gujarat-India, Phone: +919426422002
3.Dr. Dipesh D. Duttaroy
Professor & Head of Unit “C”
Department of Surgery,
MedicalCollege& Civil Hospital,
Baroda, Gujarat – India, Mobile Phone: +919824447713.