Single-Port Surgery is a new technique in gynecologic surgery . It means a laparoscopic entry technique using a single fascial incision with a single trocar having multiple ports. Either it uses a single skin incision site with multiple fascial incisions using individual trocars. We can perform single-port procedures using standard instruments and trocars. In Order to avoid the use of special instruments SPA technique is used. This procedure is minimally invasive.
Single-Port Surgery procedures can be used for the following :
- Donor nephrectomy (living kidney donation)
- Nephrectomy(removal of a kidney)
- For the treatment of varicocele
- Reconstruction of the urinary tract
Laparoscopic surgery always possess less complications. SO the patient can return home on the same day after the surgery.
Benefits Of Single-Port Surgery
- It uses only a single port.
- It reduces complications when compared to traditional laparoscopic surgeries..
- Fast recovery
- It causes less discomfort to patients.
- This surgery can be performed for different organs at different quadrants of the abdomen.
- Compared to conventional laparoscopic surgeries, it helps to reduce the wound complications.
- It is safe and more effective procedure as compared with traditional laparoscopic surgeries.
Devices and Methods For Single-Port Surgery
Devices and methods for single-port laparoscopic surgery includes the following :
- Three adjacent 5mm trocars is inserted through a single umbilical incision.
- Initially, devices are not used to hold the ports together.
- CO2 is inhaled through one of the ports.
- Ports like TriPort, SILS Port, SSL Access System, Glove and wound protector are used for this surgery.
- By using instruments of different size, it allows the manipulation in different planes which results in minimizing external collisions.
- Use of flexible laparoscope system improves visualization and provide greater working space.
For more details visit us on : www.urologistmumbai.com